Huwebes, Setyembre 22, 2011

Money and Me

I am starting to have less time for myself and spend more time for my work. I dont know if this is the meaning of workaholic but i have a renewed sense to generate more income. What drives me? Everything. My failures. My mistakes in the past. New learnings. And most importantly, tweaking a bit my outlook, has so far turned out to be positive. And all these i credit for bringing out a new me. I became less conscious of myself as an imperfect person. And as i relate it to my work, i became more focused. Right now at 30, i am beginning to live each day of my life as if it were the last day. My new job has taught me to constantly interact with people...to strike a conversation...to spice it up with pleasant "hi's and hello's"...smile to the fullest...with my own unique antics as well...I have become less serious each day as i try to enjoy every moment but at the same time serious with how i conduct my job knowing the potential returns if i hit it big with a client. I guess, my previous job was really perfect as my training ground...so i think i should think less of it as a kind of a job that is also a waste of time. I learned to deal with all kinds of people...scathing bitches, backstabbers, although i met some few good people along the way...and they are whom i call friends. I am single at 30 and i think it is also for the right reasons. I have stopped investing on emotions. Heart cant be trusted after all. Emotion is not a solid investment. Results cannot be quantified. Most of the time you fail because the value of investment you put in na relationship is not equal to the oither. You invest more. The other one invests less or worse, not at all. Unlike in business, you will see the returns if you do it right. Profits are measurable sans the heartache. And you will be richer. Still, i would like to reiterate that i do not work for the money for the wrong reasons but it would be safe to assume that i work for the money because i have plans. So what have i done in the past really? Working without planning. The result: Epic fail in my career. But i know God has a plan. I work in an industry now that i dont see money merely as a "money". Right now, i see money as a perfect partner, that is why i am not gonna work for money plainly to have something to be used to buy my basic needs. I see money now as my friend. Something that i need to earn well and plenty. Something that i need to use now for my future plans, whatever it maybe. I will make money now. Work for money now. While at the same time, use money to make it work for me. This is just my simple plan. Earn money and let it multiply because right now, i have a good relationship with money.

2 komento:

  1. It is good that you have focus and perspective on things and because of that I am happy for you. I just hope you don't forget the heart part, at the end of the day even if you have all the money in the world and no one to share it with then its all pointless.

    TumugonBurahin
  2. hahaha, i dont wanna be taken out of context here. i work not only for myself...and i always share... as far as i know i was never selfish... :)

    TumugonBurahin